The Braves continue to bolster their pitching staff for 2024 and beyond.
Another Monday, another major move for the Braves.
Many of the biggest moves for the Braves have occurred on Mondays over the past few years, and that trend continued with the Braves signing reliever Reynaldo Lopez yesterday. Lopez seems highly eager to join the Braves, and his role with Atlanta may be a bit different than it has been in the recent past.
The Braves seem focused on stretching out Lopez to try him as a starter. Rather or not that plan sticks remains to be seen, but it certainly seems the Braves like the idea of Lopez’s versatility as a one or multiple innings option. Lopez has already shown he can be valuable in relief, so if the Braves can figure out how to make him useful as a starter, he could be even more valuable in Atlanta than with previous teams.
- The 2023 Season Review Series continues on as Rolddy Munoz and Yonny Chirinos are examined.
- The 2024 Hall of Fame Ballot has been officially revealed, with some first time options such as Adrian Beltre and Joe Mauer included. Former Braves Andrew Jones and Billy Wagner hope to continue trending in the right direction toward eventually earning a spot in Cooperstown.
- Yoshinobo Yamamoto can officially begin negotiating with teams as of Monday.
- The Cardinals reunited with Lance Lynn on a one-year deal.
- Josh Donaldson is looking to continue his career for another season.
- Zach Britton announced his retirement from MLB.